saslauthd with rimap + TLS/SSL imap server

Boris Savelev boris.savelev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 04:08:16 EST 2014

Hello!

Today I try to configure saslauthd with MECHANISMS="rimap".
I run saslauthd with command:
/usr/sbin/saslauthd -a rimap -O mail.local -r -c -m /var/run/saslauthd -n 5
I use Dovecot 2 as IMAP server where plain-text auth via unencrypted
channel doesn't allowed by default and turning it on is makes security
hole. How I could configure saslauthd to use TLS/SSL with rimap?

PS:
saslauthd -v
saslauthd 2.1.25
authentication mechanisms: sasldb getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shadow ldap

--
Boris