Auth with both mysql and imap

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Mon Apr 7 09:44:13 EDT 2014

On 04/05/14 17:50 +0200, Andrea wrote:
>I'm trying to configure postfix to authenticate with both an SQL server and
>an IMAP server.
>
>My smtpd.conf:
>
>pwcheck_method: auxprop saslauthd
>mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 NTLM
>
>auxprop_plugin: sql
>sql_engine: mysql
>sql_hostnames: xxx
>sql_user: xxx
>sql_passwd: xxx
>sql_database: xxx
>sql_select: SELECT password FROM LoginUsers WHERE LoginUser = '%u@%r'

You should also have:

allowplaintext: 1
saslauthd_path: /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux

>My /etc/default/saslauthd says:
>
>MECHANISMS="rimap"
>OPTIONS="-c -m /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd -r -O imap.server.com"
>
>I'm able to do this things:
>1) just auxprop works, if I telnet and make AUTH PLAIN with mysql user, OK
>2) just saslauthd works, if I telnet and make AUTH PLAIN with imap user, OK
>3) auxprop saslauthd with mysql user works, if I telnet and AUTH PLAIN with
>mysql user OK
>4) auxprop saslauthd with imap user DOESN'T WORK, if I telnet and AUTH
>PLAIN with imap user FAILED

This should work. What version of cyrus sasl are you using? Does it make
any difference if you change the order to 'saslauthd auxprop'?

What output do you receive in syslog (auth facility)? Include 'log_level:
7' in smtpd.conf to increase logging output, and verify you are capturing
'auth.*' in your syslog config.

--
Dan White