cyrus-sasl-2.1.25 compile problems on Solaris 11.1 x86

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Fri May 17 13:17:04 EDT 2013

On 5/17/13 8:54 AM, Jerry K wrote:
> anyone?
>
> On 05/11/13 11:41 PM, Jerry K wrote:
>> I am having build problems trying to compile SASL on Solaris 11.1.
>> x86/x64 CPU.
>>
>> gcc version 4.5 as supplied by Oracle pkg install.
>>
>> I have compiled a lot of other code on this system, so I don't feel that
>> there is anything wrong with the compiler package install.
>>
>> Sleepycat - Berkeley DB version 5.3

Your Berkeley DB is too new.

Either downgrade to 4.x, or edit utils/dbconverter-2.c and
sasldb/db_berkeley.c, replacing:

#if DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 4 && DB_VERSION_MINOR >=1

with

#if (DB_VERSION_MAJOR > 4 || (DB_VERSION_MAJOR == 4 && DB_VERSION_MINOR
 >=1))

I had to hack one Makefile as well to get it to build, editing
sasldb/Makefile.am to remove noinst_LIBRARIES = libsasldb.a and
regenerating. I don't recall where in the build process the non-PIC
library caused trouble - this was a while ago.

--
Carson