MySQL authetication no working

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri May 10 10:48:43 EDT 2013

On Fri, 10 May 2013 18:14:27 +0530
partha sarathy articulated:

{Please don't "TOP POST". It makes following the thread a lot harder
than it needs to be}

> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Gerard Seibert
> <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 May 2013 16:56:25 +0530
> > partha sarathy articulated:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> One of my application they are using cyrus-sasl to authenticate
> >> before it logged into MySQL database.
> >>
> >> I have upgraded MySQL from 5.0 to 5.5
> >>
> >> Before upgrade it works fine and application is not able to
> >> connect to database after the upgrade.
> >>
> >> I have rolled back the upgrade and now its running on 5.0
> >>
> >> The problem is still application is not able to connect to the
> >> database.
> >>
> >> The question is,
> >>
> >> How to verify the cyrus-sasl related things are there and fine.
> >>
> >> Any help would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Did you run "mysql_upgrade" <man mysql_upgrade> after updating your
> > version? Did you rebuild SASL --AFTER-- updating mysql and running
> > the "mysql_update" tool?

> Hi Gerard,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> I have run the mysql_upgrade and its success.
>
> The thing is after I rolled back also the same issue persists.

Did you also rebuild any apps, including SASL that required MySQL?
Obviously, you rebuild them AFTER you have updated MySQL. Do you have
any configuration files that you can post. The mangling of passwords is
fine but the other info should be left intact. Log files would prove
useful also.

Stupid question, "Are you sure that MySQL is actually running?" Have
you attempted to connect to it manually? You might help your cause if
you posted your OS version and SASL version info also, plus the app(s)
that are having the problem.

--
Gerard ✌
gerard at seibercom.net