SASL Empty Mechlist Issue(Ubuntu Desktop)

İlim Uğur ilimugur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 06:37:04 EDT 2013

Hey,

I am having some issues with my attempt at using Cyrus SASL and wanted to
ask for some guidance/help.

I am currently trying to implement a sample client-server code that does
ANONYMOUS authentication on my ubuntu(not a server) localhost. However,
sasl_listmech() returns an empty list on the server side, and even if I
send a hard-coded list(i.e. "ANONYMOUS") sasl_client_start() returns
SASL_NOMECH. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Just FYI, I installed Cyrus SASL the "quick & dirty way", as described in
Cyrus SASL documentation. Also, you can find the actual code on
https://www.github.com/ilimugur/sasltrial.

Cheers,

-İlim