The old version of config/install-sh prevent files from installing

Charles Leclerc charles at la-mouette.net
Wed Jan 23 10:54:38 EST 2013

Hello,

When compiling cyrus-sasl (version 2.1.26) on solaris 10, the configure
script parameters the config/install-sh script to do the installation of
directory and files when doing make install, which is usual. However this
script does not seem to support multiple files for one destination on its
command line, resulting in a partial install of the software files (include
files, man pages). I had to overwrite the provided version of this script
whith another version from another piece of software (namely libxml2
version 2.9.0), and the install went complete.

My suggestion would be to update the install-sh script.

Regards,

Charles Leclerc