SASL Server Plugin

Mathew iprocessor i9processor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:50:44 EST 2012

Hi,

I need to implement SASL in my email client. I downloaded Cyrus-SASL and
installed it. When the client sends the "UserName" and "Password", my
server needs to verify the "UserName" and "Password" and Authenticate it.
The below are some of my doubts, Please clarify.

1) The "sasl2-sample-client" and "sasl2-sample-server" in the "bin"
directories and the "sample-client" and "sample-server" in "sample"
response are different. Where can I get the source code for
"sasl2-sample-server"?

2) Once the "Username" and "Password" is passed from client to server, the
server needs to verify the "UserName" and "Password" and authenticate the
client. How to do this in server side? Does "sasl_checkpass" do this or can
you suggest some other best way to achieve the above?  CAN YOU PROVIDE SOME
CODE SNIPPETS FOR THIS?

3) I tried testing "sample-client" and "sample-server"  and I get the below
response, how to solve this?

*Server Terminal:
*

[root at localhost sample]# ./sample-server -p 8000 -s rcmd -m PLAIN
Forcing use of mechanism PLAIN
Sending list of 1 mechanism(s)
S: UExBSU4=
Waiting for client mechanism...

*Client Terminal:

*

[root at localhost sample]# ./sample-client -s rcmd -p 8000 -m PLAIN -n
127.0.0.1
service=rcmd
Waiting for mechanism list from server...
S: UExBSU4*=                                                   Pasted
server Response*
recieved 5 byte message
Forcing use of mechanism PLAIN
Choosing best mechanism from: PLAIN
lt-sample-client: SASL Other: No worthy mechs found
error was SASL(-4): no mechanism available: No worthy mechs found
lt-sample-client: Starting SASL negotiation: no mechanism available

Awaiting for your reply...

Thanks,
Mathew