GSSAPI / SASL problems of sasl2-bin on Ubuntu 10.04.4

John Mok jmok at attglobal.net
Mon Jul 9 09:10:31 EDT 2012

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

 >Your postfix process is retrieving information, such as postmaps, from an
 >openldap server, using gssapi authentication? Or are you retreiving your
 >postmaps from an Active Directory server?

Yes, I retrieve postmaps from OpenLDAP server using GSSAPI authentication.

 >klist (verify that you have a TGT)
 >
 >ldapwhoami -O maxssf=0 -Y GSSAPI ...
 >
 >and use wireshark to capture the interaction, which will show you any
 >errors that the KDC may be providing over the network.

I captured the packets and did not see any particular Kerberos errors
from the KDC.

 >Is the keytab file being used by postfix, by openldap, or both?
 >
 >Where is your keytab file located? If it is not located in
 >/etc/krb5.keytab, then you will need to add some configuration for

I put the service principals in the default keytab file at
/etc/krb5.keytab, and the OpenLDAP user have read access to the keytab.

I succeeded to make it working on Ubuntu 8.04.4, any idea why it did not
work out on Ubuntu 10.04.4?

Thanks a lot.

John Mok