Postfix SMTP auth doesn't work with cyrus-sasl 2.1.25

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Tue Jan 10 16:10:01 EST 2012

--On Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:45 PM -0600 Dan White <dwhite at olp.net>
wrote:

>> What can I do to determine why the call to getopt is failing?
>
> What auxprop plugins were compiled?

I don't believe any are.  I don't even know why it is *trying* auxprop
plugins.  I clearly selected LOGIN as the mechanism I want to use to
authenticate.

./client -m LOGIN localhost

> Try:
>
> cat >> /usr/lib/sasl2/pluginviewer.conf << EOF
> ldapdb_uri: ldapi:///
> sql_select: select please_work from the_ether
> EOF

I did this, except changing the path to the one configured via the
--with-configdir parameter: /opt/zimbra/conf/sasl2

Just for kicks, I also put a copy in
/opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25/lib/sasl2 (where the sasl binaries &
libraries are installed).  However, the result is always the same:

> ~# pluginviewer -a
> Installed and properly configured auxprop mechanisms are:
> sql ldapdb sasldb

root at zre-ubuntu10-64:/home/build/p4/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl#
/opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl/sbin/pluginviewer -a
Installed and properly configured auxprop mechanisms are:
<none>

> Adjust the path to pluginviewer.conf accordingly.

See notes above.

I would also note, that with cyrus-sasl 2.1.23, where things *work* just
fine, I get the same result:

root at zqa-061:/opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23.3z/sbin# ./pluginviewer -a
Installed auxprop mechanisms are:
(null)

It seems to me like the lack of auxprop mechanisms completely breaks
Cyrus-SASL in 2.1.25, where as in 2.1.23, other plugins would continue to
work.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount