Postfix SMTP auth doesn't work with cyrus-sasl 2.1.25

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Fri Jan 6 16:25:15 EST 2012

--On Friday, January 06, 2012 1:35 PM -0600 Dan White <dwhite at olp.net>
wrote:

> One important difference is that testsaslauthd probably does not use the
> glue (libsasl2) library. Can you try the sample-server/sample-client
> utilities to see if they work? You will need to create a <./configure
> --with-configdir path>/sample.conf file with 'pwcheck_method: saslauthd'.

Since my build specifies:

--with-configdir=/opt/zimbra/conf/sasl2

I created a /opt/zimbra/conf/sasl2/sample.conf file with the data:
pwcheck_method: saslauthd

I'm not sure I'm executing "server" 100% correctly as I gave it no options,
however it fails though with the same error as postfix.  What can I do to
debug this further?

root at zre-ubuntu10-64:/home/build/p4/main/ThirdParty/cyrus-sasl/cyrus-sasl-2.1.25.3z/sample#
./server
trying 2, 1, 6
trying 10, 1, 6
bind: Address already in use
accepted new connection
send: {69}
SCRAM-SHA-1 GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN GS2-KRB5 ANONYMOUS
recv: {5}
LOGIN
recv: {1}
send: {9}
Username:
recv: {5}
build
send: {9}
Password:
recv: {10}
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
performing SASL negotiation: no mechanism availableclosing connection
accepted new connection
send: {69}
SCRAM-SHA-1 GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN GS2-KRB5 ANONYMOUS
recv: {5}
PLAIN
recv: {1}
recv: {22}
build[0]build[0]xxxxxxxxxx
starting SASL negotiation: no mechanism availableclosing connection

Since my build specifies:

--with-configdir=/opt/zimbra/conf/sasl2

I created a /opt/zimbra/conf/sasl2/sample.conf file with the data:
pwcheck_method: saslauthd

> Does saslfinger raise any red flags?

No, it looks the same between a 2.1.23 and 2.1.25 system.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff