Postfix SMTP auth doesn't work with cyrus-sasl 2.1.25

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Fri Jan 6 15:00:06 EST 2012

--On Friday, January 06, 2012 1:35 PM -0600 Dan White <dwhite at olp.net>
wrote:

> On 06/01/12 09:24 -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> --On Friday, January 06, 2012 1:19 PM +0000 Alexey Melnikov
>> <alexey.melnikov at isode.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are you using SASLDB auxprop plugin for authentication? The default
>>> location of SASLDB file might have changed between the 2 versions.
>>
>> No, we don't use SASLDB.
>>
>> testsaslauthd also works just fine:
>>
>> zimbra at zqa-062:~$ /opt/zimbra/cyrus-sasl/sbin/testsaslauthd -u admin
>> -p xxxxxxxx
>> 0: OK "Success."
>
> One important difference is that testsaslauthd probably does not use the
> glue (libsasl2) library. Can you try the sample-server/sample-client
> utilities to see if they work? You will need to create a <./configure
> --with-configdir path>/sample.conf file with 'pwcheck_method: saslauthd'.

Ok, I'll give this a shot.

> Do you see anything useful in your syslog's auth facility output? Try
> increasing your log_level:
>
> log_level: 7

I'll set this as well.

> in your sasl smtpd.conf. Also, verify that your ./configure
> --with-configdir path has not changed between versions or, if you're using
> a debian based postfix (which overrides the --with-configdir path), that
> your smtpd.conf exists in <postfix config dir>/sasl/.

We don't set configdir in our build.  Nor do we use debian's builds. ;)  We
build our own SASL & Postfix.  Simply reverting to 2.1.23 with the same
build flags to cyrus-sasl configure works.

> Does saslfinger raise any red flags?
>
> Also see, if applicable:

I don't think so. I forced the libdir to be lib so it is consistent on all
platforms:

--with-lib-subdir=lib

--Quanah

--