compiler warning on freebsd

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Sep 20 15:28:49 EDT 2011

Hi Alexey,

>> Why such a change?
>
> Well, you complained about other errors I thought I push some of my own
> changes to fix it.

Hmm, yes, that's true :-)
Thanks for it.

>> Besides, adding in INN a special "#ifdef sasl_callback_ft" is not very
>> attractive.
>
> I can add something like
> #define SASL_CALLBACK_FT_DEFINED
>
> which you can test to see if the new typedef is available. This will be
> included in 2.1.26 and later versions.
> Would this help?

The problem would still be present for users of version 2.1.25.
No need to add SASL_CALLBACK_FT_DEFINED.  I will use:

  #ifdef HAVE_SASL
  # include <sasl/sasl.h>
  # include <sasl/saslplug.h>
  # include <sasl/saslutil.h>
  /* For Cyrus SASL versions < 2.1.24. */
  # ifndef sasl_callback_ft
  typedef int (*sasl_callback_ft)(void);
  # endif
  #endif

It seems to work fine.  (And more readable than testing
SASL_VERSION_MAJOR, SASL_VERSION_MINOR, and SASL_VERSION_STEP.)

I wish you a nice week,

--
Julien ÉLIE

« – Je suis Acidenitrix, le bras droit de Ségrégationnix, le chef
     du quartier droit du village voisin.
   – Et mon pied gauche, tu l'as vu ?… » (Astérix)