Cyrus SASL 2.1.25 Released

Julien ÉLIE julien at trigofacile.com
Tue Sep 13 15:35:24 EDT 2011

Hi Ken,

Thanks for this new release.

> Major fixes in Cyrus SASL 2.1.25:
>
> * Fixed a crash caused by aborted SASL authentication
> and initiation of another one using the same SASL context.

Is it related to the use of "*" by a client?
I remembered having changed how INN handles SASL negotiations because
the SASL server did not work well after an authentication failure.

   http://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/8045
     Restart the SASL server after authentication failure.
     -> run sasl_dispose() followed by sasl_server_new() after the
        client sends "*" or the authentication failed.

Does it mean that this patch is no longer necessary with Cyrus SASL 2.1.25?

Also, is this bug now fixed?

   http://inn.eyrie.org/trac/changeset/8044
     It appears that sasl_decode64() returns SASL_CONTINUE instead of
     SASL_BADPROT when there is a base64-encoding error.

--
Julien ÉLIE

« Le chemin le plus court d'un point à un autre est la ligne droite,
   à condition que les deux points soient bien en face l'un de
   l'autre. » (Pierre Dac)