SASL and Scientific Linux

Remi Ferrand remi.ferrand at cc.in2p3.fr
Wed Mar 30 16:55:30 EDT 2011

Hi,

Thanks for your answer :)

Le 30/03/2011 19:36, omalleys at msu.edu a écrit :
> I was thinking you needed a gss.conf file but that might be solaris.

No, you're right, there's a gss configuration file which is
/etc/gssapi_mech.conf on RedHat like Operation Systems. Mine is correct
and 32b / 64b compliant :)

> I dont see the testsasl.conf file which should be in like /etc/sasl2 or
> /usr/lib/sasl2/ (on the server machine for the service "testsasl"

I agree with the necessity of a per service configuration file when the
saslauthd is involved, isn't it ?

In my case, the saslauthd is not running and I'm just trying to use the
library directly with the sample apps.

On a Debian system, the exactly same operations works perfectly and sasl
authentication succeeds... that's why I do not understant why this isn't
working from scratch on Scientific Linux...

I've tried every thing :
1) Downloading sources from
ftp://ftp.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-sasl/cyrus-sasl-2.1.23.tar.gz.

2) ./configure --prefix=$PWD/install
--with-plugindir=$PWD/install/lib/sasl2 --disable-anon --without-des

3) make && make install

4) cd sample; make

With a fresh compiled cyrus-sasl v2.1.23, the same tests failed using
sample apps and GSSAPI mechanism.

Something must be wrong on my system but I can't figure out what...
every thing is installed throw *yum* and has already been tested by many
other users...

Any other idea is welcomed :)

Cheers

R.

--

Remi Ferrand             | Institut National de Physique Nucleaire
Tel. +33(0)4.78.93.08.80 |     et de Physique des Particules