SASL on OS X Server 10.6.6

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Mar 27 18:57:36 EDT 2011

On Mar 27, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:

> -- Robert Schwalbe <roberts at inode.com> is rumored to have mumbled on 27. März 2011 12:26:11 -0400 regarding SASL on OS X Server 10.6.6:
>
>> A succinct piece of advice
>
> Compile your own SASL or use the one provided by e.g. Fink.

I suspect it's possible to make the Apple one work, but (like LDAP) it may have some customizations to integrate with their directory services which may be difficult to understand.  Since you sound kind of new to this, I would suggest you build your own and get it working first.

Once you've done that, you can revisit whether it's worth figuring out how to use the Apple-built one.  It may be really easy, but you don't need the extra uncertainties to begin with.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu