Fwd: sync_shutdown_file example and instructions on how to use it

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 12:52:49 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen Ingram <sbingram at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: sync_shutdown_file example and instructions on how to use it
To: "Ivan Lezhnjov Jr." <ivan.lezhnjov.jr at gmail.com>

Ivan-

sync_client looks for the presence of a particular file. If it finds
it, then it shuts down. If you look at the man page for sync_client
it's mentioned as -F option. I suspect that it's there such that you
don't shut down the process while it's replicating an email and then
your replica would be in an inconsistent state.

Steve