version 2.1.24rc1 rpms

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Feb 24 23:14:49 EST 2011

On 24/02/11 17:27 -0800, Stephen Ingram wrote:
>Wow! Thank you. Yes, that really helped. Your patches solved all the
>problems I was having compiling this. It took what seemed like forever
>to reconcile all of the Redhat patches from older versions (many were
>no longer required), but I have managed to kludge together a srpm now
>that builds. Off to test now.
>
>I oringinally undertook this to get at Howard Chu's canon_user stuff,
>however, I'm looking at your LDAP Password Modify Extended Operation
>and wondering if that could help us too. I read up on it in RFC3062,
>but I'm guessing your patch here is to enable Cyrus-SASL to support
>that feature in OpenLDAP?

Right. There are two scenarios that I've used it in:

1) When calling saslpasswd2 in conjunction with the ldapdb auxprop backend
(with a configured /usr/lib/sasl2/saslpasswd.conf)

2) When auto_transition is enabled, to handle a transition from a hashed
password store (saslauthd) to a cleartext ldapdb store.

My purpose for pushing the password through an extended operation is to
make use of slapd-modules/smbk5pwd to generate heimdal kerberos keys within
the user's ldap entry.

--
Dan White