version 2.1.24rc1 rpms

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 01:59:05 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Simon Matter <simon.matter at invoca.ch> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there are rpm packages available yet for version
>> 2.1.24rc1? I'm specifically looking for CentOS, but a spec file would
>> help too.
>
> Maybe you can take the current Fedora sources
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=cyrus-sasl.git;a=tree as a start
> and try to upgrade it to 2.1.24rc1 and make it build on the distribution
> of your choice?

My thinking too. I thought I was halfway decent at rebuilding rpms,
but this one has me stumped. I'm working with src rpm from Fedora
rawhide attempting to create a package for CentOS 5. I've spent the
last hour searching for how these patches against older versions of
the source (e.g. cyrus-sasl-2.1.18-no_rpath.patch) can work without
said source. I'm guessing that maybe these source rpms are not
complete and you have to either download the source from the earlier
version or recreate the patches for the newer version??? I'm beginning
to see why these rpms never seem to receive any new features until
some time after they are released.

Steve