Documentation (was Information about SASL and LDAP)

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Thu Dec 1 14:23:20 EST 2011

* Dan White <dwhite at olp.net>:
> p at rick,
>
> I know you've been working on some new manpages. I've spent a little time
> adding a sasl guide to jmeeuwen's (et al) cyrus imap documentation at:
>
> http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd-docs/tree/Sasl_Guide/en-US
>
> It's mostly just a loose collection of notes at this point, but I don't
> want to duplicate what you're doing if you're also working on something
> similar. The focus of that guide guide will be more of an
> example-and-explanatory-text, or book style, documentation.

Looks good at first glance!

My focus is on man pages and your guide would fit in perfectly.

Currently I am stuck. I am not a programmer and I am therefore unable to 'use
the force' to learn what I need to finalize the man pages.

I have a git repository here which contains about this:

man
├── man5
│   ├── authdaemond.5
│   ├── ldapdb.5
│   ├── libsasl.5
│   ├── saslauthd.conf.5
│   ├── sasldb.5
│   ├── saslpasswd.conf.5
│   └── sql.5
└── man8
    ├── saslauthd.8
    ├── sasldblistusers2.8
    ├── sasldblistusers.conf.8
    ├── saslpasswd2.8
    └── saslpasswd.conf.8
examples
├── ldap
│   └── cyrussasl.schema
├── mysql
│   ├── sasl.MYSQL.sql
│   ├── saslpasswd.conf
│   └── sasl_user.sql
├── psql
│   └── sasl.PSQL.sql
├── sqlite
└── sqlite3

I can give you access to my GIT repository or we can join forces at a another
location. In any case I'd be happy to get this finished. I'd like to move on
to other interesting projects.

p at rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):