problems sasl not create database sasl.db

spiderslack spiderslack at yahoo.com.br
Tue Sep 7 16:59:57 EDT 2010

hello thanks for replying
> That's an unusual location for the sasldb file. Did you compile sasl? If
> so, which options did you pass to configure, and which version are you
> using?

I compiled the sasl'm using mandriva and installed the package via urpmi.

But I found that the package does not provide support for mandriva
sasldb as the command below.

[root at localhost ~]# saslauthd -v
saslauthd 2.1.23
authentication mechanisms: getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shadow ldap

[root at localhost ~]#

there should appear a "sasldb", correct?

changed the variable SASL_AUTHMECH for "ldap in file
/etc/sysconfig/saslauthd.

After that I tried to access via testsaslauth and ran track but
ldapsearch command does not work. Below the configuration files and
command output sasl.

Any idea where I might be wrong. I thank you

cat /etc/saslauthd.conf
ldap_servers: ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap_port: 389
ldap_version: 3
ldap_referrals: no
ldap_search_base: dc=exemplo,dc=com,dc=br
ldap_auth_method: bind

[root at localhost ~]# testsaslauthd -u user -p 123456
0: OK "Success."
[root at localhost ~]#

[root at localhost ~]# ldapsearch -LLL -Y DIGEST-MD5 -U user cn=benjamin cn
SASL/DIGEST-MD5 authentication started
Please enter your password:
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
     additional info: SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database
[root at localhost ~]#

Regards.