2.1.24rc1 creating 2.0.24 files

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 15:53:44 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 2:11 AM, Dan White <dwhite at olp.net> wrote:
> I actually have the same filename format. I also checked another system
> which is using 2.1.23, and its libraries have a 2.0.23 suffix.
>
> config/ltmain.sh seems to define the suffix, which is apparently:
>
> versuffix="$major.$age.$revision"
>
> However, I don't know what '$age' is.

meh, just found in sasldb/Makefile at line 235: # Note that this
doesn't necessaraly follow the libsasl2 verison info
And right below they have sasl_version = 1:24:0.
So, I'm guessing that's the zero. Anyway, $age point to parameter $4,
which is hard to keep track [backwardsly] since it's shell script, so
I'll just take it as expected to be 2.0.24 heh... I got postfix
working with it, so it's okay.

Thanks again,

--
Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz