imap-daemon ignores saslauthd

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Mar 24 23:13:57 EDT 2010

On 24/03/10 15:13 -0400, Mikhail T. wrote:
> I wish to use saslauthd, because all of my IMAP-users are also
> Unix-users. The only non-default settings, that match sasl* in my
> imapd.conf are:
>
>    sasl_minimum_layer: 0
>    sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>
> Testing with testsaslauthd works fine:
>
>    testsaslauthd -u cyrus -p c
>    0: OK "Success."
>
> Unfortunately, cyradm keeps failing:
>
>    cyradm --user cyrus --server localhost
>    Password:
>    Login disabled.
>    cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus
>
> After every such attempt to run cyradm, the server logs:
>
>    "perl: No worthy mechs found"

Try:

allowplaintext: 1

The default configuration for the Cyrus IMAP server does not allow clear
text mechs (plain/login) to be used without some other form of network
protection in place, like TLS.

You might also want to check the permissions on the saslauthd mux and make
sure the cyrus user has access to it.

--
Dan White