multiple instances of saslauthd

Purahoo, Krishan Krishan.Purahoo at ccfe.ac.uk
Mon Mar 22 13:26:13 EDT 2010

Hi all,
         I am trying to authenticate against multiple Active Directory
servers from openldap.

I have started multiple (two) saslauthd servers and can use
testsaslauthd to successfully authenticate against any of
my two AD (Active Directory) servers.

I start my two saslauthd servers, as

saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthda -a ldap -O /etc/saslauthd_a.conf -r
saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthdb -a ldap -O /etc/saslauthd_b.conf -r

Using testsaslauthd, as follows works OK

testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd_a/mux -u joe at example_1.com -p xxx

testsaslauthd -f /var/run/saslauthd_b/mux -u jill at example_2.com -p xxx

I can't seem to be able to configure openldap to authenticate against
both AD servers. I can authenticate against one at a time.

When I configure /etc/sasl2/slapd.conf with the following lines

mech_list: plain
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauth_a/mux

I can successfully authenticate with example_1.com server

How do I configure /etc/sasl2/slapd.conf, so that I can
authenticate against any of the two AD servers.

I tried having multiple saslauthd_path, but that does now work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

krishan