PAM authentication - Remote host

fmma at itu.dk fmma at itu.dk
Wed Jul 14 04:10:47 EDT 2010

In the man pages for the function sasl_getprop
(http://linux.die.net/man/3/sasl_getprop) it mentions that it is possible
to get the remote address string by using SASL_IPREMOTEPORT as input to
the function. I assume that the remote address string would contain a
value suitable for PAM_RHOST. Is this wrong?

If not, then surely it should be possible for saslauthd to assign a value
to RHOST (and maybe other items) before the PAM authentication procedure
commences by calling sasl_getprop and pam_set_item. This may be the code
twiddling you are referring to, but to me it seems rather fundamental and
it is my opinion that this should be included in the distributed packages.

  - Frederik