GSSAPI support in Cyrus SASL 2.x broken on FreeBSD

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at mahoroba.org
Mon Apr 26 13:16:11 EDT 2010

Hi,

>>>>> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:21:13 -0400
>>>>> Gerard Seibert <gerard at seibercom.net> said:

gerard> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:43:44 -0400
gerard> xenophon\\+cyrus-sasl <xenophon+cyrus-sasl at irtnog.org> articulated:

> Hey everybody,
>
> Whenever I try to build Cyrus SASL (from FreeBSD's ports tree) with
> GSSAPI enabled, autoconf returns the following errors.  I don't know
> whether these are due to problems with FreeBSD, with FreeBSD's
> package, or with Cyrus SASL.  Would someone point me in the right
> direction?
>
> configure:10594: checking for res_search in -lresolv
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lresolv
> configure:10646: result: no

It should be okay.  FreeBSD doesn't have libresolv.

> configure:10674: checking for gss_unwrap in -lgssapi
> /usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Init'
> /usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Final'
> /usr/lib/libhx509.so: undefined reference to `MD2_Update'
> configure:10726: result: no
>
> configure:11111: WARNING: Disabling GSSAPI - specified library not
> found
>
> I posted config.log to http://pastebin.com/fcBEqJN0 and config.status
> to http://pastebin.com/hRabJUST.  The error about res_search makes me
> suspect a problem with the configure script, as res_search exists in
> libc on FreeBSD - there is no separate resolver library.
>
> I'd appreciate any help.

gerard> OK, I am running FreeBSD-8 /amd64 and have not experienced any problems.

gerard> I would strongly suggest that you contact the port maintainer:

gerard> 	ume at FreeBSD.org

gerard> Inform him of your problem, including the output of "uname -a" and any
gerard> other relevant information that he might need.

No need to send me this issue.  I'm on this list. :-)

I cannot reproduce this issue, here.  Actually, I'm using GSSAPI, in
usual.
I found --with-openssl=/usr/local in your config log.  I suspect you
are not using base version of OpenSSL but using ports one.  I don't
try the ports version yet but it was updated to 1.0 recently.  There
might be compatibility issue of OpenSSL.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/