creating my own auth_module for saslauthd

francis joseph pilotex2001 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 10:58:21 EDT 2010

I am trying to create my own authentifying module for saslauthd plugins.
In fact my goal is to to authentificate thru a radius server (For specific needs, I can't use the PAM)
The problem is that when I put all my implementation of the authentification function in auth_shadow.c and auth_shadow.h it works fine but when i make my own files auth_radius.c and auth_radius.h it doesn't although i declared my module in mechanisms.h and mechanism.c.

I found that the problem is during cyrus sasl compilation it checks the OS (unix for me) and install only the appropiate mechanisms (PAM GETPWENT SHADOW RIMAP). So auth_radius mechanism isn't being in account by saslauthd. How can I force cyrus sasl to include my own authentification mechanisms with saslauthd ?

I was thinking about writting in hard a new lin in the mech_list instance. Anyone knows how to walkthough this problem ?

thanks.

Francis