SASL LDAP authentication

Martin Schweizer schweizer.martin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:39:57 EDT 2009

Hello Jackie (sorry for the mistake)

2009/9/14 Jackie Hunt <jackie at yuma.colostate.edu>:

> Thanks for your response.  I would love to look at your tutorial, however I
> can't read a word of German.  Is there an English version of it by any
> chance?

... ok, I will translate it to english :-))

> Also, I'm curious why you say Kerberos is the best answer.  Will it not work
> using saslauthd -a ldap?

I'm study around ldap and read a lot of articles but find the way
verry strange with a lot of pitfalls... of course the way which I took
(Kerberos5) had them too (and a lot) but looks now very clear. One
main argument was, that Active Directory did not allow anonymous ldap
requests. With "anonymous ldap" you have to do a lot of extra work. So
I decide to use Kerberos.

Regards,

--
Martin Schweizer