Adding NTLMv2 support for Cyrus SASL 2.1.23

Dhruva T S dhruvats at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Oct 13 06:10:42 EDT 2009

Hi,

This is regarding NTLMv2 in Cyrus SASL 2.1.23.
I have modified the plugins/ntlm.c file so as to add NTLMv2 support.
If NTLMv2 is enabled, then the Type 3 message contains only LMv2 response.

The reason being that the 'blob' structure is not being passed to the function V2()
which does NTLM hash,HMAC-MD5 ....

So in function ntlm_client_step_mech2(),I am passing the parameters to V2 () as

V2(resp,password,oparams->authid,domain,serverin+NTLM_TYPE2_CHALLENGE_OFFSET,
   blobbuf,bloblen,params->utils,&text->out_buf,&text->out_buf_len,&result);

where 'blobbuf' is the blob and 'bloblen' is the length of the blob.
Then I am assigning the 'resp' to 'nt_resp'.
Also, I have commented the part
       "/*if (sendv2 &&
	(*sendv2 == '1' || *sendv2 == 'y' ||
	 (*sendv2 == 'o' && *sendv2 == 'n') || *sendv2 == 't'))*/

When I checked in ethereal, everything is fine and I am able to successfully
authenticate against Microsoft Active Directory server.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,
Dhruva