NTLMv2 Support in Cyrus SASL

Dhruva T S dhruvats at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Oct 6 02:11:40 EDT 2009

Dan,

I forgot to mention this in my last post.

In folder Cyrus SASL 2.1.20/plugins, some new files
(ntlm_samba.c,smb_helper.c and smb_helper.h) were created after
applying the patch.

But when I did 'make' after './configure --enable-ntlm --with-ntlm-impl=samba',
these new files were not compiled.

I tried "ldapsearch -x -H ldap://ldap.example.org -b "" -s base -LLL supportedSASLMechanisms",
This showed NTLM and GSSPNEGO as supported mechanisms.

Then I did ldapsearch -I -Y NTLM -H ldap://ldap.example.org -b 'ou=Users,ou=readimanger'.
Expected results are coming after entering the username and password.

When I checked in Ethereal(Wireshark),I observerd that
in the Type 3 NTLM message, only NTLM response is coming and
LM Response is absent as well as NTLMv2 Response.

Also, in folder Cyrus SASL 2.1.20/plugins/.deps/,
the files ntlm_samba.Plo,smb_helper.Plo were not generated after 'make'.

Thanks,
Dhruva