Wierd problem

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Nov 19 13:49:41 EST 2009

On 18/11/09 18:46 -0000, Jorge Bastos wrote:
>Howdy People,
>
>I've been having a strange problem, where after a few days of work
>(postfix+sasl), the AUTH start being rejected.
>I don't have debug logs from postfix, but I'm catching them now, so I
>believe in a few days I'll have them.
>
>Right now I have postfix 2.6.5 and SASL 2.1.23.
>Last time I had SASL 2.1.22 and it happened the same.
>
>In the time I get the logs, I remain with the question:
>Does anyone had this problem before?

Are you using saslauthd? What is it that you do that fixes the problem?
Does restarting postfix fix it?

Along with the logs when you have them, please include your postfix sasl
configuration (such as /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf), and the output of
'grep sasl /etc/postfix/main.cf'.

Also, smtptest (distributed with cyrus imapd) and testsaslauthd (if using
saslauthd) are good trouble shooting tools.

--
Dan White