Changing the default plugins search path in Cyrus SASL

Dhruva T S dhruvats at tataelxsi.co.in
Mon Nov 16 00:34:32 EST 2009

Hi,

By default, the plugins are searched in /user/lib/sasl2/.
Is there a way to change this path to another directory like $HOME/Desktop/libs/ ?

I tried setting SASL_PATH using "export SASL_PATH=$HOME/Desktop/libs/sasl/lib/plugins"
But I am getting "No mechanism available".

I compiled Cyrus SASl 2.1.23 using
" ./configure --enable-digest --enable-plain --prefix=$HOME/Desktop/libs/"

The reason is to not to mess up with already installed version of
cyrus sasl(installed during OS installation).

Thanks,
Dhruva