SASL2 plugin problem

Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com
Tue Mar 10 23:54:12 EDT 2009

Hi, all:

I am trying to code to let LDAP use SASL authentication to the server. The interface is ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_ext_s()", which will call SASL APIs to interact with the server.

However, the binding request was not sent to the server, and the log shows the error message is "86 Unknown authentication method". From what I can gather, this seems the main SASL2 library (libsasl2.so) cannot find its plugin (GSSAPI plugin is used here to talk to the Kerberos server).

But I have already have libsasl2.so in $libdir, and libgssapiv2.so in $libdir/sasl2. So it should be able to find the plugin, right?

Is there any tool in cyrus release that can be used to check this, or verify GSSAPI mechanism works?

Thanks,
Xu Qiang