Hi, I need a help ( cyrus-sasl2, compiling problem)

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Mon Jun 22 13:36:17 EDT 2009

이대한 wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Can I ask about cyrus-sasl2 and saslauthd ?
>
> Actually I already installed cyrus-sasl2 and saslauthd,
>
> I used these environments
> OS : Solaris10, Redhat9, Ubuntu8.10
> Mail : sendmail, qmail, postfix
> installed : openssl, BerkeleyDB
>
> total 9 combinations
>
> first, I compiled Cyrus-sasl2
> but it was not working
> I used "testsaslauthd" command, and it worked
> But when I tried to connect telnet 25, I couldn't
> log message was : no sasl-authentication mechanisms
>

> second, I used Cyrus-sasl2 packages
> It worked perfectly
>
> So Let me know what is the problem.. or just guess, any ideas?
> I have to use cyrus-sasl2 with compiling
>
> I used this option to compile cyrus-sasl2
> ./configure --disable-anon --enable-plain --enable-login
> --disable-krb4 --with-saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd --with-pam
> --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl --with-plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2
> --disable-cram --disable-digest --disable-otp

You may need to recompile/relink your applications, if you install your
cyrus libraries in an alternate location.

Try:

ldd /usr/sbin/postfix (or your system's equivalent)

to verify that your application is referencing the correct installation
of your cyrus libraries: Are your plugins installed in
/usr/local/lib/sasl2, but your postfix is linked against /usr/lib/sasl2?

Alternatively, you may be able to influence where your application
searches for plugin libraries by using the "SASL_PATH" and
"SASL_CONF_PATH" environment variables, however, you may run the risk of
mismatching a packaged library in /usr/lib/sasl2, and your compiled
plugin libraries in /usr/local/lib/sasl2.

If you feel this is not the actual problem, please post your relevant
configurations for a better look at your install (e.g., your postfix
SASL config, and your saslauthd config). Also, please include the output
of ldd on your applications, and your plugin libraries.

- Dan