Next release of CMU SASL - call for favorite bugfixes

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Jan 26 13:47:28 EST 2009

>>How about we finally stop the horrible abuse of libtool to build shared
>>plugins, so library dependency tracking for plugins actually works?  Or
>>patch the shipping version of libtool so that it works?
>>

>Are you willing to offer some practical help/advice?
>
>I dislike libtool too, but I can't call myself an expert in it.

Well, I'd rather be part of the solution than part of the problem ...

So, first off .. I see that the libtool cyrus-sasl is using is version
1.3.5.  Right now libtool is at version 2.2.6.  So ... upgrading would
probably be a first step that should be pretty simple.  The
documentation (for 2.2.6) claims that dlopen()ing a module should work,
and that the -R option should do the right thing.  I could test that out
and see what happens.

--Ken