saslpasswd2: could not find auxprop plugin

Simone Romano simone.romano82 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:39:45 EST 2009

Hi to all,

I'm trying to install a mail server using the following guide:
www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html/

The installation seems to work. But now when I try to add new user and
create the sasldb2 DB with saslpasswd2 -c user command in my
/var/log/messages I found the following output:

Jan 14 14:37:11 ms saslpasswd2: could not find auxprop plugin, was
searching for [all]
Jan 14 14:37:11 ms saslpasswd2: secret not changed for cyrus: no
writable auxprop plugin or setpass callback found
Jan 14 14:37:11 ms saslpasswd2: could not find auxprop plugin, was
searching for [all]

And the /etc/saldb2 was not created

I searched a solution by Google but I didn't find how to fix this error
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
Simo