SASL + Kerberos + OpenLDAP issue

xavier.ambrosioni at cinema-voiron.fr xavier.ambrosioni at cinema-voiron.fr
Sat Feb 28 09:28:25 EST 2009

Hi,

I tried to delete, recreate and export my service principals but it did not solve my problem. I have already the same error.

More details on my configuration:
 - My server is running ubuntu with heimdal kdc.
 - My client is a mac running leopard 10.5.6 with mit kerberos (if I'm right)

I created the service principals on my kdc then export to the keytab on my server, then I copied to keytab to my client.
Below the result of 'ktutil list' command:

on my server:
  root at passrlsrv:~# ktutil list
FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab:

Vno  Type                     Principal
  1  des-cbc-md5              ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
  1  des-cbc-md4              ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
  1  des-cbc-crc              ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
  1  aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96  ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
  1  des3-cbc-sha1            ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
  1  arcfour-hmac-md5         ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
  1  des-cbc-md5              ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  1  des-cbc-md4              ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  1  des-cbc-crc              ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  1  aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96  ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  1  des3-cbc-sha1            ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  1  arcfour-hmac-md5         ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL

on my client:
imac:/etc root# ktutil
ktutil:  rkt /etc/krb5.keytab
ktutil:  list
slot KVNO Principal
---- ---- ---------------------------------------------------------------------
   1    1             ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
   2    1             ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
   3    1             ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
   4    1             ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
   5    1             ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
   6    1             ldap/passrlsrv.passrl at PASSRL
   7    1                    ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
   8    1                    ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
   9    1                    ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  10    1                    ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  11    1                    ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL
  12    1                    ldap/passrlsrv at PASSRL

Do you think that there is an incompatibility between heimdal kdc and mit client ?
Is it possible for instance that the server uses the aes256-cts-hmac-sha1-96 key and the client another one ?

Thank you
Xavier

http://www.celeonet.fr