Next release of CMU SASL - update

Alexey Melnikov alexey.melnikov at isode.com
Sat Feb 14 06:14:31 EST 2009

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> Eric Leblond wrote:
> [...]
>
>> This made the bug self contained and not dependant of other
>> applications. Given the fact that the effect of this bug is a crash of
>> the calling program, it could be interesting to release a new version of
>> the sasl library. (my 0.02$)
>
> I've just discussed this with Ken and we would like to try to release
> a new version around February 15th.

The date is approaching and I don't think we are quite ready. In order
to keep things moving I will do weekly status reports with the list of
bugs/issues I still need to look at. Here is my current list (in no
particular order):

1). Remove extra (unused) mutex in libsasl
2). Merge my utils/pluginviewer.c changes
3). Investigate global callback updating in subsequent
sasl_server_init() calls
4). Commit SQLite3 configure change. Test SQLite3 plugin.
5). Remove use of obsolete cmusasl... attributes
6). Strip trailing spaces from options during server configuration loading
7). Investigate fix for bug # 2822 (OTP does not work with prompts)
8). Review patch for bug # 3134 (Improved error reporting from
auth_getpwent)
9). MacOS dlopen.c change (+ the libtool change?)
10). Merge Debian bugfixes

If you notice something wrong with this list, or if you favorite bug is
not listed, please let me know.