errors in log but all is working fine

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Dec 4 11:26:29 EST 2009

On 04/12/09 13:21 +0100, John Morrison wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Anybody recognise these errors?
>
>Dec  4 12:43:35 host.domain.x imaps[4253]: [ID 702911 auth.error]
>auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied
>Dec  4 12:43:45 host.domain.x postfix/smtpd[4259]: [ID 702911
>auth.error] auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied
>
>conf files:
>
>/usr/local/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf:
>
>pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>
>/etc/imapd.conf:
>
>sasl_mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN
>sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>
>/etc/sasl/saslauthd.conf:
>
>ldap_servers: ldap://ldapxxxx
>ldap_version: 3
>ldap_timeout: 10
>ldap_time_limit: 10
>ldap_cache_ttl: 30
>ldap_cache_mem: 32768
>ldap_scope: sub
>ldap_search_base: xxxx
>ldap_auth_method: bind
>ldap_bind_dn: xxxx
>ldap_password: xxxx
>ldap_filter: mail=%u

That error occurs in only one place that I can find (in lib/auxprop.c):

/* add an auxiliary property plugin */
int sasl_auxprop_add_plugin(const char *plugname,
                 sasl_auxprop_init_t *auxpropfunc)
{
     int result, out_version;
     auxprop_plug_list_t *new_item;
     sasl_auxprop_plug_t *plug;

     result = auxpropfunc(sasl_global_utils, SASL_AUXPROP_PLUG_VERSION,
              &out_version, &plug, plugname);

     if(result != SASL_OK) {
     _sasl_log(NULL, SASL_LOG_ERR, "auxpropfunc error %s\n",
           sasl_errstring(result, NULL, NULL));
     return result;
     }

Most likely there is an error in initializing one (of possibly serveral) of
your auxprop plugins, such as sasldb, ldapdb or sql.

See which auxprop plugins you have installed. If you have an unused auxprop
plugin, you can either specify the parameter that it is looking for (in
smtpd.conf and imapd.conf), or just remove/disable it.

It does not appear, according to the config above, that imapd is making use
of an auxprop plugin. Your SMTP server may be, since you have not
restricted your mech list to "LOGIN PLAIN" (such as for DIGEST-MD5 logins).

pluginviewer/saslpluginviewer should help you trouble shoot.
'doc/options.html' within the sasl source documents what options are
available.

--
Dan White