Cyrus SASL 2.1.24 RC1 Released

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Wed Dec 2 09:04:39 EST 2009

Hi!

I am not sure if my feedback comes late, but as I have seen neither a
RC2 nor a release yet, I'll try.

> * LDAPDB plugin:
> - Added code to extend LDAPDB into a canon_user plugin in addition
>   to its existing auxprop plugin functionality

I have a hard time compiling this, because of:

ldapdb.c: In function 'ldapdb_auxprop_lookup':
ldapdb.c:252: error: 'LDAP_PROXY_AUTHZ_FAILURE' undeclared (first use in
this function)
ldapdb.c:252: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ldapdb.c:252: error: for each function it appears in.)

Actually, I understand from my research that 'LDAP_PROXY_AUTHZ_FAILURE'
has long been deprecated. Am I missing the obvious here?

Has the code for the canon_user functionality of ldapdb be rewritten
from scratch? There has been a patch which got accepted into CVS a long
time go, even way prior to the release of 2.1.23. For I wonder why that
code did not make it into 2.1.23 anyway. That older code worked.

Regards,
Torsten