sasl configuration file loading problem

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Aug 28 09:51:01 EDT 2009

On 28/08/09 12:48 +0700, Jittinan Suwanrueangsri wrote:
> configuration file is /usr/lib/sasl2/testsasl.conf. Here is it's
> content(only one line):
>
> pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>
> # saslauthd -a shadow -d
>
> # testsaslauthd -u sampleuser -p password
> 0: OK "Success."
> #
>
> # sasl2-sample-server -s testsasl -m PLAIN
>
> # sasl2-sample-client -s testsasl -m PLAIN localhost
>
> After I execute sasl2-sample-client command .Output from saslauthd is
> still not change like it does not recieve any authentication request
> from sasl2-sample-server.As shown below.

The location and name of testsasl.conf looks correct, due to the -s switch.
I'm not seeing anything that stands out as being incorrect.

You could try running sasl2-sample-server under strace, or your system's
equivalent, to determine if it is trying to communicate with saslauthd but
is failing due to permissions or path problems. It'll also show you where
it's looking for the testsasl.conf file.

You can influence where sasl2-sample-server looks for those paths by
setting 'saslauthd_path' within your .conf file, e.g.:

pwcheck_method: saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux

And using the SASL_CONF_PATH environment variable:

SASL_CONF_PATH=/usr/lib/sasl2/ sasl2-sample-server -s testsasl -m PLAIN

--
Dan White