How to debug SASL2 and its plugin?

Xu, Qiang (FXSGSC) Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com
Wed Aug 5 05:20:24 EDT 2009

Looking at "sasl.h", I found there are 7 log levels:
/* Logging levels for use with the logging callback function. */
#define SASL_LOG_NONE  0	/* don't log anything */
#define SASL_LOG_ERR   1	/* log unusual errors (default) */
#define SASL_LOG_FAIL  2	/* log all authentication failures */
#define SASL_LOG_WARN  3	/* log non-fatal warnings */
#define SASL_LOG_NOTE  4	/* more verbose than LOG_WARN */
#define SASL_LOG_DEBUG 5	/* more verbose than LOG_NOTE */
#define SASL_LOG_TRACE 6	/* traces of internal protocols */
#define SASL_LOG_PASS  7	/* traces of internal protocols, including
				 * passwords */
Which level can give maximum log information? And how to use them?

My knowledge of SASL is newbie level, so please shed some light on the log issue.

Thanks,
Xu Qiang