Next release of CMU SASL - update

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Thu Apr 9 13:20:22 EDT 2009

Alexey Melnikov schrieb:

> While I agree with you, the Cyrus SASL version in CVS has no way of
> generating such attributes. The code for generating them was removed
> long time ago.

Yes but that's not a problem. The generation can be done OUTSIDE of
Cyrus SASL v2. We are running a User Identity Database which generates
the appropriate SASL settings for email roaming users for PLAIN and
DIGEST-MD5. No cleartext passwords in the database.

Generation is not necessary in the sasl library, usage is enough,
because it is well defined how these values have to be computed (see my
other posting).