saslplugviewer doesnt see ldapdb on debian?

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Tue Sep 30 10:38:56 EDT 2008

Sascha Vogt wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I tried to install sasl with auxprop ldapdb on Debian EtchAndHalf from .deb packages.
>
> Anyhow saslpluginviwer only shows sasldb plugin allthough apt tells me that libsasl2-ausprop-ldapdb is installed. Am I doing something wrog,Do I have to compile myself from source, or is that normal?
>
> Can somebody reproduce that phaenomenom or is it just stupid me?
>
> Sascha
>
> PS: Debian network istall, 4.0r4something, commonly known as Etch/2.

I can kinda confirm that. On a Debian Etch system, with my sasl packages
compiled without sasldb support, I get:

# pluginviewer -a
Installed auxprop mechanisms are:
(null)

In my /var/log/auth.log, I see:

Sep 30 09:31:08 neo pluginviewer: _sasl_plugin_load failed on
sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb

However, the ldapdb auxprop plugin is working fine for me, for
cyrus-imapd and openldap, and saslpasswd2.

I'd recommend opening a BTS with the debian package, unless someone can
confirm this is an upstream issue.

- Dan