GSSAPI Error: An invalid name was supplied (Not enough space)

Ben Lentz ben.lentz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 08:28:52 EDT 2008

Greetings list,
I am using openldap-2.4.12 with cyrus-sasl 2.1.22 with mit krb5-1.6.3
on an AIX 5.3, TL8, SP2 machine.

Whenever I try to use GSSAPI with ldapsearch against a Microsoft
Active Directory server, I get the following error:

SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)

When I run the process through truss -rall -wall -f, I see the
following error near the failure:
GSSAPI Error: An invalid name was supplied (Not enough space)

I am able to acquire a kerberos ticket, I can list the GSSAPI plugin
using pluginviewer, and I can ldapsearch against the MSAD server using
simple authentication.

I have searched Google and can find no reference to the "Not enough
space" error. Has anyone else seen this before or can anyone shed any
light on this?

Thanks in advance.