Definition of the PAM config file used by saslauthd per service

Veit Wahlich cru at ircnet.de
Wed Nov 12 12:00:34 EST 2008

Hi list,

I authenticate a Cyrus imapd through saslauthd's PAM authmech.
Now I'd like to define a secondary imap service in cyrus.conf not
accessing /etc/pam.d/imap but another PAM config file such
as /etc/pam.d/imap-external.
The goal is to have two imapds running (bound to different IPs or TCP
ports) with different PAM auth service configs for internal and external
access.

Is there a configuration option in imapd.conf or so to control which PAM
file is being accessed by saslauthd for a service?

The release versions I am running are (both CentOS5 stock packages):
cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-2.el5
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-4

Best regards,
// Veit