AUTH password problem.

Josep M. websurfer at gamu.navegants.org
Fri May 16 06:34:31 EDT 2008

Hello.

I try the following:

testsaslauthd -f /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux -u test -p
passwordgood           (pass OK) This is OK
testsaslauthd -f /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd/mux -u test -p
passwordgoodXXXXX      (pass OK) This should FAIL

The password is "passwordgood" but "passwordgoodXXXXX" is accepted
too!!!!!

But....for example "passwoCCrdgood" is NOT accepted

debianet:/home/krasher# cat /etc/default/saslauthd
START=yes
MECHANISMS="pam"
MECH_OPTIONS=""
THREADS=5
OPTIONS="-c -m /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd"

debianet:/home/krasher# cat /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: LOGIN PLAIN
log_level: 5

debianet:/home/krasher/testing-smtp/new/commands/ff# cat /etc/pam.d/smtp
@include common-auth
@include common-session
@include common-account
@include common-password

I use debian etch, what more can I look? I don't have saslauthd.conf
file in the computer

Thanks in advance
Josep