GSSAPI against Microsoft AD

Yves Dorfsman yves at zioup.com
Fri Jul 11 11:22:46 EDT 2008

Dieter Kluenter wrote:

> I have done it and got it working (sasl gssapi) with a W2K server and
> postfix, cyrus-imap and openldap on Linux.

Thanks Dieter, this is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted confirmation
that somebody had done it, and that it works.

> This all was based on the
> Microsoft docs I cited in another mail. The only tricky point was to
> create propper keytabs and copy those to the Linux boxes.

Yes I know, and that is made more complicated by the fact that I know very
little about windows, and that the people doing windows in that organisation
are in a different group and reluctant to do this. However, we've managed to
get proper keytabs in the past for CVS and mod_auth_kerb, and I did not want
to hassle them if the problem was somewhere else.

I have thought of having them regenerate my keys every few months to keep
them in practice :-)

Thanks again for your answer.

--
Yves.