setup problems

Francesco Grossi f.grossi at itql.it
Wed Aug 20 12:41:19 EDT 2008

Hi
I'm a novice under every aspect and I hope non to be wrong with this mail
and chosing the correct recipient.

I have problem in setting up openldap
I have this scenario:

1) unix users logging in (via PAM) to LDAP (this piece of path is
transparent to me)
2) LDAP ha to route (delegate) authentication to a proprietary mechanism via
LDAP

I've set up my prototype mechanism xmech (by writing xmech.c and
xmech_init.c and creating libxmech.so & libxmech.la) and call it by the
sample SASL Cyrus client and server so that client.c and server.c seem
working fine (referencing -m x) when used alone: I've
logged callback functions of my xmech.c and the following is recorded during
login phase:
xmech_client_plug_init
xmech_client_mech_new
xmech_client_mech_step
xmech_server_mech_new
xmech_server_mech_step
xmech_server_mech_step.

here's my problem:
How can I instruct OpenLpap to call SASL and my xmech mechanism. When I log
into OpenLDAP the native authentication takes place. How can I make OpenLDAP
route authentication towards SALS (and SASL towards xmech)?

I've benn through some web pages and got out something about slapd.conf and
its sasl parameters, sasl-regexp in particular.

Could someone help me?

Thanks a lot

Francesco