CyrusSASL 2.1.22 + Postfix 2.5 + Outlook 2007

rgonzalez at gnt.cc rgonzalez at gnt.cc
Thu Aug 14 09:49:19 EDT 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Pascal Gienger wrote:
>> Thanks for your answer, Dan. The weird part is that the SPA checkbox
>> remained unchecked in all the tests. This 0x800CCC80 Outlook error seems
>> to be epidemic, BTW.
>
> Did you try to trace the connection? Are you sure that it tries NTLM even
> when it's not advertised by the imap server?
> On Microsoft Technet I only found this about the 0x800CCC80 error:
> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2852868&SiteID=17

Hallo Pascal und danke,

I think I found the problem, which is really weird. In postfix I
configured $mynetworks as SASL exceptions, so my clients sending from
$mynetworks don't need to use SMTP auth. With Outlooks <> 2007 there were
no problems if SMTP auth was checked, but with Outlook 2007 the 0x800CCC80
was throwed. I removed the $mynetworks exception and SASL worked just as
expedted :o

Regsards,
Rodolfo.