saslauthd ipc_unix.c help.

Sean O'Malley omalleys at msu.edu
Mon Aug 11 16:00:27 EDT 2008

I am trying to do authentication via
pgina (on windows) -> openldap -> sasl -> saslauthd -> pam -> kerberos

It works good, except I need to have the ipremoteport
callback working somewhere in the saslauthd piece so I can do
time of day+location logins. (thus the pam module)

What I am -trying- to fix is, the hack (probably against Mr Chu's better
judgement :)) in slapd to pass the ipremoteport variable through as the
realm which gets passed all the way through to the auth_pam piece.

I just want to tighten this up so I don't have to hack slapd to get this
to work right. What I dont get is:
ipc_unix.c reads the socket, but where is the code that is writing to the
socket so I can see if I can fix that. :)

tia
Sean